Friday, August 9, 2013

Time Math


                                                 This is the Best Clock In The World!

In fact, the only clock I can even live by. So do I have all the time in the world because I try not to look at clocks or watches? Do I live in the world of Not Enough Time because I pretend it doesn't exist?

                                            I     do     not     have     enough     time     !

Remember my time math of yesterday's post? I tried to do this on paper today, but didn't get anywhere with it. After I added up all the shifts I work, the rehearsals and classes coming up, some kind of sleep "schedule", and pretending I could spend an hour on downsizing or laundry or cooking or cleaning or ....um....Facebook...and THEN find time for arting...there was no time to find.

In fact, there was no time for what I had added up even without the Facebook wormhole.

Here's a clockface I bought to put on an Art Journal I was gonna call "Always Time for Art"

                                        But it's not looking like that's true for me.
                                         WARNING: MATH APPROACHETH!

I'm gonna try it again:
"Guaranteed" work (they can cancel me 2 more times this year) = 56 hrs every 2 weeks. So I'll use 2 weeks as a time period. 112 left.

Maybe one shift through an agency...104 left.   Maybe a shift through my "casual position" at another hospital...96 left. Don't you just love the term "casual position"? Like I can casually show up for work if I'm in the mood, and casually walk out if the shift isn't to my liking? Actually, I'M obligated to work 16 hours a month, or at least be available, and they're obligated to...well...not much.
This is me at work on Halloween night. Should I dress like this when I do my "casual" shifts?



OK, two rehearsals a week, counting commute time is 16 more hours per 2 weeks....80 left. Please note that this is the language I'll be singing in...

Substitute classes when rehearsals are over and I've still got only 80 hours left every TWO WEEKS!!
Not to mention the time I have to immerse myself in books. Here's a bookstore called The Wormhole in Chicago. Appropriate name for where I go when there are books around

That leaves less than 6 hours a day to sleep...if all goes well, but I forgot the cooking/cleaning/eating!! So I can't go to sleep yet.
If I only take an hour a day to cook, pack, eat at home, that's 66 hours "leftover"in 2 weeks...leaving  Erm....four hours a day left over to sleep or make art or get on FB...

But I DO sleep when I can and that would be maybe 4-6 hours in the daytime, and sometimes 14-16 hours after a long long stretch of worknights. Leaving less than zero hours per day leftover.

                                                                      WHAT?

                                                                   
                                                                 COFFEE!!!!
                                                         The REAL Time Machine!         

Then there's the views from my kick ass apartment where I can see Nature's Unstoppable Clock

Sunrise 1-2-3                          




Look to the left and the sun goes down over the Capitol building.                  TIME HAPPENS!

Here I am on one of my birthdays, putting on lipstick, oblvious to Time Passing behind me.

Somehow I fit it all in, and I think I'll quit trying to figure out how I do it. I must do ARTING!

                                                        Also, this is my favorite bird.

6 comments:

  1. You are one BUSY WOMAN!!! Amazing views from your apartment - wow! and I'm loving the mickey mouse ears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful views! What always amazes me, when I catch myself thinking "I don't have enough time!" is that we all have exactly the same amount of time.
    Love the last pic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we all have the same amount of time, but how can it seem so limited one day and so endless the next? Could it be we invented it and it doesn't really exist?

      I love my view. I can ignore lots of mess inside my apt just by looking OUT!

      and I love that bird! Broke my self imposed rule of only using photos I took myself. Never quite got that close to a cardinal.

      Delete
  3. Love your math! Put a "Like" on FB button somewhere. (Unless I just don't see it.) Your blog is the highlight of my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Time is an illusion; lunchtime doubly so!" Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy .... I want some of what he was on when he was writing that book lol

    Just loving your blog - my husband has a quizzical look to know what I'm laughing out loud at!!!

    ReplyDelete