Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day 22- A quickie before work

After being home since Saturday morning, it was dizzifying to go to choir rehearsal tonight. I forgot how much breath power a person needs to sing and I had to sit down a lot. After hoping to be put on-call, I did NOT get a call by 9PM, so I drove home from choir, packed my lunch (rice, crackers, banana, tea), ate my dinner (rice) and my tea is brewing for my drive which needs to start 3 minutes ago.

SO!

Here's some painting stuff I attempted today in the hour or so I was awake...

Here's where this painting has stalled for months.


I decided to open the eyes of my Artist, Kwan Yin and Sarasvati, and change the skin color of that angry looking, bald artist. Oh, and give her some HAIR!


In the process, the baby got a giant lollipop with no stick. NOT what I had in mind. And my artist is anemic for now, but I'll put more layers on when I have time. And Kwan Yin is crosseyed.

Also, I HATED that dark orange of the background and the way Q. Gold turned my blue veil into a greenish blue and made Sarasvati look jaundiced! So I put some layers on her face, her veil and on the background and feel better. The baby got back her round mirror with an eerie reflection like I had originally planned...but a bit eerier than I want. And I put more yellow on her, but clearly I need to do more of that.



Here is where the faces appeared long, long ago and that process is in a blog post here called "The Gathering"
I like her hat better here. and her yellow, wraithlike appearance.

Not bad, considering it started like this


Look up that blog post, if you're interested. It's probably one of my very first ones here.

Meanwhile, I have to hit the road. Wish me luck getting through my shift!


No comments:

Post a Comment