Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 19- My Week, How's Yours?

Today I saw one of my fellow blogger's announcement that her blog was up and she said "A glimpse into my week, how's yours?" I decided to do that too.

READING - Clutter Busting - by I Don't Know cuz I read in it last night and now it's lost in my clutter.        
                 Wired for Culture  - by Mark Pagel, a scholarly book proving what women already know...we are here to CONNECT!
                 Wide Awake at 3:00 AM, By Choice or by Chance? by Richard M Coleman,  study of sleep and the effects of shift work and/or insomnia for other reasons. Gee, I wonder why this night nurse is reading that?
                  and Garden Spells  by I Don't Know because it's down in my car to take to work with me. A magical realism story of a family whose women each have a "talent" and there's family healing and unrealistic romance in it. It's nice to pretend,...

HOW I WISH MY BOOKSHELVES LOOKED- (instead of piles on the floor, table and chairs)


WATCHING - Design Star- because I'd rather imagine fantastic design than actually deal with my clutter
                  Bob Newhart reruns- because I need to laugh
                  Boston Med - because I don't get enough medical drama at work?

Note: I'm looking for a good British show, if anyone knows of one. Downton Abbey style is great, but I'll take a BritCom or British soap too. I loved the one with the vampire, the ghost and the werewolf til it got too bloody.

Another Note: If I find the 1st 3 seasons of the L-word, I think I'll watch that instead. Also Gilmore Girls

Maybe I'll watch McLeod's daughters again. They feel like old friends too.


LISTENING TO - no music at all. A lot of silence at home and NPR in the car until it gets too bloody. A bit of traffic and construction noise from down below. I think I'll put on some Bollywood to cover that up.


THINKING ABOUT - de-cluttering. I've done it before and I can do it again. With help.


LEARNING - how to set up systems so that I can fit my arting and writing and upcoming school into my messy life. Here is my color coded life for 2 jobs, choir practice and the start of school. And my bill calendar...


DOING- procrastinating.  Ricochet would like to know when the rest of the apartment will be as clear ad this bed, which she thinks is hers.



PET PEEVES - working with people who focus on the negative in their life. Constantly


BEST QUOTE - You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there!


LOOKING FORWARD TO - The High Holidays! I love singing the music and I love the little island                
                                               of Jewish time where we can reflect on the past year in the company of                    
                                               friends and community
                                      First the sweet celebration of the New Year
     
And then the more sober reflection while fasting as a community


                                      School!! Can't wait to start my Master's in Holistic Health Studies.

                                               My organizer coming this Saturday! She is my shaman


HAPPY THOUGHTS- Cooler weather, cat companions, my view, catching up on sleep

Living near the mighty Mississippi which I can see from my balcony and I can walk along anytime I want to.

                                                             How's YOUR week?

7 comments:

  1. I loved reading this post!
    1) Ricochet is an amazing cat name
    2) I love your other cat's mustache!
    3) Great quote!
    4) I want a big river outside my house! *River envy*
    5) I'm with you on the need to declutter and procrastinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, Ricochet earns her name every day and night. Even at 9 years old!

      Seeing the river everyday, at least from my windows and balcony, does help me feel less trapped by the endless clutter!

      Delete
    2. Not too aweful far from me! I dont live BY the river, but have fished at a dam in the Tennessee River, I live Between Memphis and Nashville! I wish I had your walking spot, it looks Dreamy! Loved your Post!

      Delete
    3. Even though I don't like doing the list thing, I really enjoyed yours. It was more detailed than most. I love the cats. I actually have a male that is the same breed as yours: just as bigger(actually I think bigger) and the same kind of eclectic monochromatic design! You will HAVE to tell us, in detail thank you very much, about your Holistic Health Studies class. So very cool

      Delete
  2. Loved this post too Rene...
    Reading - The Wreckers by Bella Bathurst
    Watching - Big Brother, Pop art painting videos, Salsa moves on youtube.
    Listening to: Jesse Cook on Pandora
    Learning: Pop art painting - new tango moves, new salsa moves
    Thinking about: where to move next
    Pet Peeves: Going to a restaurant, where the staff thinks that they are doing you a favour by being there, and not offering good service.
    Best quote: To succeed in life you need three things, a wish bone a back bone and a funny bone.
    Looking forward to: trying out pop art on an old artwork.
    Happy thoughts: seeing pictures of my litte dog, reading blog posts like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your newsy post! Your cats are so adorable! I hope your week is awesome Rene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! Love the humor your use throughout. Awesome. I think we may be like twins in the clutter department. Good luck with school!

    ReplyDelete