Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 24 - WHEEEEE!!!

Before I even start, let me just say that if this blog is a bit disjointed and...er...strange, blame the chocolate martini I celebrated with tonight


 So today started with orientation to graduate school and is my brain ever STUFFED! I got so much information today that the extra is leaking out my ears.


I was SO worried about what I'd be wearing, and especially about my shoes. The weather called for sandals, but First Day of School called for the disguise of Real Shoes. Little did I know, though I should've suspected, that the professors of a program called "Holistic Health Studies" would be wearing sandals...if not actual Birkenstocks. So I could've gone barefoot!

By the way, I'm giving you a closeup of something that proves I'm now an official "Katie"


 Um. Looks right side up to ME, what is YOUR problem? That there blurry thing is my Student ID!

I entered the campus from the parking lot through this, well....rabbit hole. See my shadow? That's the version of me that is now gone because, as I said, I'm a Katie now!



                                                         Look at this gorgeous campus!


 It is, however, NOT the campus where all my classes will be. The picture below shows the lush campus with age appropriate seating for whenever the sun is shining and there is no snow. (This is the entire lush campus grounds, btw.)


THIS is the sweet little building built in the early 1900s and I love it. It's my entire campus! This ONE building!


But back at the big, beautiful campus, I entered an old brick building and climbed up four flights of a gorgeous iron staircase to reach my new life. I was out of breath, but very very happy. We started with a meditation and ended with choosing a transpersonal "seed thought" for the coming years of school.


                           I WANTED to choose "Peace", but "non-attachment" chose me instead.

                                                Gee Thanks, Mr Life Is But a Dream!



I'm so excited about this new chapter in my life I can hardly stand it! But along with this wonderful 1/2 day, I also got to work on my apartment with MY SHAMAN! The Clutter Busting Goddess!


 Heh heh. Actually, for those who live where I live, if you need a Clutter Busting Shaman, you must call Louise Kurzeka. She's the president of NAPO here and she is even more magic than this woman pictured above. Seriously! Her business is called Everything's Together and you can email her and tell her I sent ya! But don't tell her I posted this picture!! No, she doesn't dress this way for working with us messy, creative types. But I really love this picture!



OK. Here's two Before pictures, followed by their After pictures

My "studio" with a loom in the middle of it and a whole lotta stuff in front of my china cabinet so that I couldn't put anything away.

 









                                     HURRAY!!!
                                                             







And here's my art desk, some of which I did before she got here, and the rest of which she waved her magic wand and made more better.


And here's my living room, which was piled and stacked and covered with I-don't-know-what


And now! Floor space and a clear redwood table which is fondly known as Killer Table since you need to watch out for your shins when you walk near Her. She is also very finicky about how She fits into corners, and Louise and I tried 4 different angles before She was happy. The tree will remain, with lights on it to make up for the missing Wealth corner of my home.


                      And here's my favorite flower from the campus that isn't my campus.




4 comments:

  1. How exciting that you are starting a new adventure in life! I'm so happy for you! And also, I just love that you are keeping your tree lit up - it looks awesome!!! Great post as usual Rene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited about it, as you can see! And that lit tree on Killer Table makes me smile whenever I see it at night. I loved sitting in my Leather Bathtub and seeing the tree lights and the city lights as I wound down last night.

      Most of my furniture has names...so I see another blog in the making. I love my Leather Bathtub which you'll never understand unless you sit in it. You're invited anytime you have time to come to the cities!

      Delete
  2. Great post. Awesome choice for grad school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is quite a serious program about changing institutions and changing ourselves and I don't mind the homework we already have. I ordered my first 3 books and can't wait to read them!

      Delete