Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 25 - Um....I dunno what to write about!!!

                       Alert the masses! Rene is running out of words! Yikes!



After yesterday's excitement, it seems my brain lost interest in today. Must've needed to rest up.

                                                           I know the cats sure did



Well, me too. I watched 3 reruns of Felicity. FELICITY??? The show that made me tired of the word "Amazing!" which was used approximately 400 times per episode.


Surprisingly, the cats declined to join me in my AMAZING Felicity Fest. Can you imagine?

Somehow I managed to get my wimpy self to choir practice and the music did feed my soul. Such wonderful old friends the HiHo pieces are! My hippie shul in Berkeley was full of soul stirring music, and it's a good thing I had that place to go to when I lived there, but after hearing so much of the same music for at least 20 years, this time of year NEEDS to be full of things I can sing full throated. I don't really think I want to go any more years without that music. Good to know I don't have to.

That doesn't mean I have to limit myself to Jewish music, though. Singing tonight reminded me that I really want to sing more often than once a year, and there are plenty of places I can do that. All I have to do is fold up Time some more. There's a choir I can sing with on Wednesdays, which just happens to be the free night between classes.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

No, seriously, I really want to sing all year round!



Perhaps I should rephrase that laughter....


                          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMM I CRRRRAZZZZZYYYYYY?

                                              Well, some would argue that I am.
                       Actually, there isn't a whole lot of argument among people who know me.



Good darn thing I have tomorrow off too, so I'll be able to do all the painting, cleaning, cooking, laundry, studying, and....supposedly.....getting rid of lots of books.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Can I do this instead??? I'm sure the people in the apartment upstairs wouldn't mind moving so that I can knock out their floor, right?


    ****** Small pause here whilst friends and family think about how silly my organizer is for even              thinking I'll get rid of books, never mind suggesting it out loud************

                                                            How 'bout I just do THIS?



I think I better rest up so that I can do all 7,680 things I need to do tomorrow. Maybe I'll wake up a little more prepared for all this work


4 comments:

  1. Good books are like old friends... one never wants to part with them. But, maybe you could think of it like sending the books on an adventure, to meet knew friends, and forge knew romances, rather than just "giving them up".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't live without books! I am a tad suspicious of people who don't read!!!
    That first pic of you is GORGEOUS, by the way! Love your outfit.
    ...Raine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a book addict too. I would love a library like that.
    what a fun and inspiring post
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My former big Texas house has bookshelves lining at least one wall in every room and sometimes 2 walls full. I've downsized about as much as I can stand, and this 2 bedroom apt is quite a challenge. I'm only getting rid of ones I don't think I'll want when I'm 80 and there are no real books left in the world.
      (o gawd. I just flashed on an old Twilight Zone episode...)

      Delete