Saturday, August 3, 2013

In which I do no art, but make a barista smile, making Today a raging success

This one will be very short, and I'm only writing it because I joined the 30 day Blogalong and don't want to miss a day so soon.

Today was a day off, which means that I could get up whenever I wanted to. Turns out that 2PM was when my body decided was It Is Now Morning. Then there was coffee, one of which was a home made latte and the other was a Keurig machine made cup. This is my morning ritual whether it happens at 6AM or 10PM. I wish these two ways of coffee making were my only ways of making coffee, but at least I limit my "morning" coffee to only two methods. See my marvelous coffee bar?

Post coffee activity was looking at many many pictures from my vacation, including this one which is how I want to dress when I grow up. 

After that, I went off for a massage. 

No picture of that will be included, but I kinda felt like this afterwards. 

I made a quick trip to the grocery store to buy ONE thing. Followed by a walk to my car carrying THREE bags. Then a fruitless search for a single lemon bar which for some reason I absolutely could not live without. 
No, Starbucks did not have them. 
No, the kick ass bakery was not open. 
No, Caribou did not have any, but the barista said she'd be glad to make some if she had the ingredients because now she craved one too. 

KOWALSKI'S HAD THEM

So I drove back to the Caribou and gave the lovely barista one, which totally made both of our days. 
I swore I'd eat only ONE a day for 12 days, and here is the result of my will power


I was planning on doing ART today. All kinds of art: the traveling canvas, put arms and legs and hair on Bleudewedd, add layers to my daughter's Peacock Princess which was due last November, put some more layers on the ridiculously huge diptych which I got paid for last fall and is taking longer than I guessed, do a little art journaling, maybe a soul collage card or two...but NOOOOOO
I work tomorrow at 7AM
Note the time on the clock. 
So the cats have pointed out where my head belongs and I think I'll join them. 


9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day, even if you didn't do any art. I love lazy days...just don't get them very often. Sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding me that a day where I get nothing done that I planned is still a lovely day. I don't get lazy days often either and it felt weird, but rereading my summary of the day make me smile. So it wasn't wasted time at all, was it?

      Delete
  2. I hope you slept tight. This sounds like a lovely day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a wonderful da and now I want some lemon bars.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totes love your blog. Maybe you can buy that outfit on payday. Maybe it is already at the consignment shop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I accidentally combined those colors myself in an outfit recently. I may be closer to that wear-what-I-please age than I think.

      No

      I have always lived in that era!

      Delete
  5. I'm with Julia, the lemon bars are calling me now too :P And it DOES sound like you had a beautiful day <3 (that would have made my day too if I were a barista)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A day that you can have a lemon bar and share one with someone just because is a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think the look on her face when I returned with a lemon bar for her was the best part of my day

      Delete